Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Tutorial: Sweet & Simple Button Bows

Buttons are a perfect embellishment for hair accessories and today I'm going to share two simple options that look so sweet on!
Here's what you'll need:
Items will vary based on which type of hair accessory you wish to make.
Ribbon - if making the bow style
My Buttons from buttonlovers.com or JoAnns - the adorable polka dot buttons are part of their newest collection for kids and some of my favorites!
Hair Clips or Bobby Pins
Hot Glue or E6000 glue
Button Shank Remover Tool
If making the bow style, you'll need to start by making the bows using ribbon of your choice. This TUTORIAL shows how I make my bows.
Once your bows are made, use your Button Shank Remover tool to snip the shank from your buttons to create a flat surface on the back. 
Hot glue the button in place. TOO CUTE!!!! 

The next one is even faster!
Once again, remove the shank from your buttons with the Button Shank Remover.
Drop a small dab of glue on the back of your button and secure in place on the flat circle of the bobby pin.
You'll want to use a very strong glue for these like E6000. It holds best when there isn't something textured like fabric or ribbon for the glue to adhere to. It's VERY strong in odor, so I only use it outside. Just a little PSA to help avoid any unnecessary headaches from the fumes! ;) It also take a bit of time to fully dry.
How cute are these!?!?! My teen girls enjoy using this type of hair accessory.

There you have it!
Sweet & Simple and fun to make!

Thanks to buttonlovers.com for providing the buttons for this sweet project.

If you didn't see last week's tutorial for my Cute as a Button Bow Holder, be sure to check it out here! You'll need somewhere pretty to display all those beautiful button bows you've made! :)

Photobucket

1 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I STILL don't have a button shank remover. I really should get one so I can make gorgeous bows before they're no longer in favour with the little one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...